Saturday, February 25, 2012

Real Apple and Lemon Tea


Apple & Lemon Tea by Bellalean

  I tend to get too much bad stuff in my daily life. I take two tablets of pain killer at least once a month, drink too much coffee and too little water. In fact, I hate drinking water. Instead, I often make myself a cuppa. It all came from working with one of my colleagues at my previous workplace. She used to drink too much coffee. I never counted how many times she goes in and out of the tea room to get her fresh coffee but surely she had more than 3 times while working with me.






Although I was very stunned at first soon, I also became her good coffee mate. Whenever she went into the tea room I asked her to get one for me too and vice versa. Now, even after leaving that company 2 years ago, I still drink countless cups of coffee a day. So I try to switch to decaffeinated. But what's the point? I think it is very psychological that knowing this cup doesn't contain the evil power never wakes me up fully. So in my cupboard, there are all different kinds of coffee selections for me to pick along with assorted tea bags which I can have instead of coffee if I think I've had too much for a day -  too much being more than 3 cups. But unfortunately, I don't like teas that much unless it has caffeine in it.

Some months back, I went to my dad's library and found a book on trees and herbs. It had very detailed description of all kinds of natural herbs people can use for many different purposes. i.e. natural therapy. It sounded very much like Chinese herbal medicine to me. But I decided to give it a go and make a natural herbal tea from scratch. The book also wrote which herbs or fruits were good for a specific symptoms or sickness. I wanted to make something refreshing and detoxing so I used apple, lemon and liquorice.

So I made my own first TEA!!! A REAL TEA!
Wow... the taste was amazing. I drink my own real tea since the day I made my first one. I refer to that book every now and then to find a good combination for each day according to my physical condition or any symptoms. Of course, I would go and see a physician in case I am sick. But, I also believe in natural therapy when it comes to mild symptoms such as cold or migraine. 

I love the richness of the taste, pungent smell and the sense of "ahhhhhhh~~~Nice!" Since then,  I stopped drinking from tea bags. I drink this as much as I like during the day without any guilt because it has no caffeine. 

I would love to share with you my selection of tea making every now and then.

Here is my first tea, the one I made the very first time - It is refreshing and good for detox. 
I drink this first thing in the morning.


Here is how I make it. 
I use a slow cooker. I simmer my tea ingredients in the slow cooker over night. I love the tea aroma in my house when I open my eyes in the morning. If you have a slow cooker, the whole process only takes 5 minutes and all you need to do is to go to sleep and wake up with the fresh scent.


REFRESHING APPLE & LEMON TEA

Ingredients

3 apples (it is great if you have aged apples in the fridge. Don't throw away. Make yourself a cuppa)
1 lemon (Lemon is often used for detox)
4-5 pieces of liquorice root ( You can get it from a Chinese herbal medicinal place) - It gives sweetness to the finished tea. It is also known to be good for cold symptoms.
2 litres of water












1. Put your cut apple pieces, lemon, and liquorice root.


2. Pour in 2 litres of water.











3. Close the lid and switch it on. Go to bed now.
Good Night~



The next day you will have

By Bellalean














If you'd like put a little honey.
Enjoy and Have a lovely day~

Apple & Lemon Tea by Bellalean

















My picks for slow cookers are shown below. I have the 3rd on from the left but I would buy the 2nd one next time. It stains after a long time use whereas stainless won't. It's also a bit heavy for cleaning each time. The very last one is picked because it will look great if I have a house party. 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment