Monday, March 12, 2012

Cooking Apps 1234

Cooking apps are very handy when it comes to find recipes today. 


I have many hard copy cookbooks since I love to look at the pictures of lots of dishes that I can get inspired, especially the pictures give an idea on the presentation of the finished meal. But when I actually try to cook the actual recipe, printing out that page is difficult unless you have a photo copier. I don't have enough space to lay my book in the kitchen and flipping the page through is awkward with wet hand whilst cooking.
It's when cooking app comes handy. Today I would like to review some of the cooking apps that people recommend and I personally use.







Jamie's 20 Minute Meals 



I am sure this app is already in your device. As a Jamie Oliver fan, I ought to get one.

All my friends know I love cook books so a lot of them buy me cook books for my birthday present. I came across Jamie Oliver cook book as a gift from a friend. Of course, I knew him on TV but I never thought to buy his book myself because I found that his cooking involved lots use of fresh herbs. I like herbs now in my cooking but back then, I didn't want to buy a bunch of herb just to use a little bit for a particular dish and the remaining went straight into the bin since I had no other use. When I got the book from my friend, I went on reading it for the whole day. My friend commented that he never saw anyone reading a cook book like me as if reading a novel. Yes, it was that good. His tips were great and his philosophy about cooking was easily seen through every page. Now you can even enjoy his tips on videos, which I enjoy watching. Great tips of quick meal ideas - I rather like inspired by his ideas.




Woman's Day Cooking Assistant

Australian's #1 weekly magazine features lots of practical cooking ideas.

 I love to watch the TV show as well. I find the cooking recipe they give are very practical and easy to follow. They publish a little handy cook book series which cost around A$5.00  Personally, I trust their recipe because I know they are tested so even if you are not into cooking, the outcome may not be much different than what it's suppose to come out. I tested some myself and the result was very very promising. If you have a party, and you need a quick party meal ideas, I recommend their recipe. As I said, their recipes are very practical so if you use imagination for the finished touch on the presentation, I am sure, your guests will be fascinated by your cooking skill. Their Asian food recipe is also very practical. They do not require too much foreign ingredients and yet, the outcome will be satisfactory.




Mangaeyi-recipe





Here is what I recommend if you can read Korean. In this app you can view 10,000 recipes with pictures, mostly Korean food. There are many secret recipes on authentic Korean food but at least, the recipes here will enable you to cook Korean food on a basic level. It's also helpful with pictures if you are not very familiar with a particular ingredient.


Korean Video Cuisine How to


If you can't read Korean, don't worry. Here's another app on Korean cooking recipes. One thing good about this app is that there are video clips on cooking instruction.











Ddeog Bog Gi Jjang!


If you like Dduk Bbok I, and can read Korea, here's all related recipe on dduk bbok i. Fos those who don't know what it is, it's spicy rice cake stir fry.








No comments:

Post a Comment